A lot of people know the so-called “nice” things to say when they feel it’s time to end a relationship, whether that’s a serious relationship or someone we’re just dating. We come up with all kinds of statements, like “it’s not you; it’s me” or “I just need some space right now,” or even the patented, “you know I like you, but I’m not really looking for a relationship right now.” And whether those things are actually true is not the point. They fact is when someone says those words, we know what the deal is.
That’s why this post is not about that. This post is about things you can say either in the heat of an argument or just while talking that will probably lead to a break-up or ending of the situation soon after. Some of them are hurtful and some of them will just clearly symbolize to the woman that the end is near. Now, if you’re a guy reading this – you might think some of these will be overreactions. But I’m 95.5% sure about them all (even though I haven’t actually dealt with all of them, but the ones I haven’t – my friends have), so just trust me here. I’m trying to help you out.
Oh and ps: these comments are in no particular order:
1. You’re a real ball buster.
2. I could be with such and such right now, instead of dealing with [whatever you two are fussing about]…
3. I liked you better before [the change she made].
4. Why can’t you be more like such and such?
5. I’m not really in the mood to come over tonight.
6. I’ve just been really busy lately.
7. You’re so clingy sometimes.
8. You’ve changed.
9. Oh, it’s been a week since we last talked? I didn’t notice.
10. Maybe we should slow things down a bit.
What do you all think? I’ve totally been hit with like 5 of those by different people, and even though the relationship didn’t end right then and there, the writing was definitely on the wall. But do you agree with all of them? And have I missed any crucial ones, ladies?
Let’s give the men some insight here.